This page is regularly updated. Please return regularly to read the latest situation.
The Coronavirus Pandemic has changed all our lives. As lockdown returns, our recently emerging pattern of Sunday services and other midweek gatherings is affected again.
- We continue to meet on-line every weekday and Sunday morning at 10am. Click here for details.
- From November 5th there will be no services in St Catherine’s Building until further notice.
- Café Siena will not re-open until further notice. Click here for details.
During these difficult times, we continue to explore how to be a different kind of church, and how to both keep in contact and provide practical help.
We encourage you to :-
- Join our live-streamed video services via our Facebook page . We have a Sunday morning service video as well as a weekday live streamed ‘At Home’ Morning Prayer service. All start at 10am. Please download a Morning Prayer service booklet from here.
- Keep in contact via email, social media or telephone with each other. If you are not already in one of our ‘Virtual Groups’ and wish to be included, please email us.
Please refer to this page for Practical Help if you are ill or isolated.
Please refer to this page for Spiritual Help during this time.
With the return of lockdown, all Church Activities will cease to meet physically from Thursday 5th November.
This includes, but is not limited to the following
- Sunday Morning Services
- Mid-Week Services in church
- Café Siena
- Tuesday get Together
- Friday Friends
- York House communion
- Calcot Cuppa
- Mothers Union
- Tots Praise
- Cornwell 0-5s Play Group
At this time it is not known which activities will re-start at what time. Please check back on this web site or our Facebook page for further details.
Other Hall & Church Users
Some groups, such as St Catherine’s Pre-school, have a specification exemption from lockdown. They may continue to meet, in a strict Covid-secure environment.
We have contacted the people booking the Hall or Church to discuss the additional requirements that the latest government guidance puts upon them and the practicality of whether their groups may continue to meet.
At this time we do not know when any particular church centre users will restart their groups. Please check with them for further details.
To reduce the chance of cross contamination, the centre is being operated in two halves – Church and Hall. Please use the north, car park entrance for the Church, and the south, road side entrance for the Hall.
Last updated 31st October 11:45 pm.
Originally published 16th March 9:00 am.