Why do people come to church and what difference does it make ?
We asked these questions to people who come to our services. Here’s some of their responses :-
Why do you come to church ?
- To meet with God & enjoy fellowship with my friends
- To worship God. To gain inspiration and to learn from the faith of others.
- To learn about Jesus and God
- Because I want to share with fellow Christians in praising and expressing the wonderful love that our Father has shown to us and through others.
- Because I love to worship God in the company of my Church family, and I love to receive teaching and help to understand God’s word.
- To be encouraged and equipped for living
- To help me prepare for the week ahead.
- Renewal of faith – a top up
- To give thanks and be all I can for others
- To be inspired in my walk of faith and to support others in their walk
- To put myself right with God and feel God’s presence
- Because church helps me to socialize with other people also it gives me a chance to communicate with God. This is because in situations I need God’s guidance to help me in difficult situations.
- It’s my alternative home and family
- To have time to think
- I enjoy singing the hymns
- I come to give thanks for many blessings, to share news, to ask for and receive forgiveness, and to intercede for many people and our community and world peace.
- It is nice to be part of a big caring family. I want my baby boy to grow up knowing the meaning of having faith.
- It’s part of my routine and if I don’t go then it doesn’t feel right. E.g. – on holiday it feels like something is missing.
- For the Children – Sunday School
- To love my family and friends and people unconditionally.
- A good quiet time for reflection.
- To help me to understand the world around me better.
- I enjoy it.
- Gives me time to reflect on my life and my daughter enjoys the fun activities
- To give my son an understanding of Church, to let him mix with other children.
- Opportunity for worship and bible teaching.
What difference has it made to you?
- Able to get through the week knowing I am God’s child
- We experience a great (input?) spiritually.
- It strengthens my faith and give me hope for the future.
- Recently helped me through a trying time.
- I could not function in life without regular attendance at church.
- If I miss it I start to wilt.
- On going hope.
- It gives my life a purpose
- The knowledge that, with God’s help, I can face whatever the walk will bring.
- I am more confident sharing my faith with others.
- It is my life, everything to me, every aspect of my life is blessed through God’s love for me.
- The “world” of difference.
- This has made a big difference because it made me have a chance to talk with God. It made me be myself and who I am. More to the point I communicate with other people and there are people who can help me.
- Helped us have a more regular conversation with God and learn more.
- I feel part of something good. My children realise the importance of care and love for others. To think about the bigger picture of life and regain perspective.
- Made me who I am.
- Over the years knowing God has got me through tough times. As a teenager I could have easily lost sight of my dreams and taken a very different path in life. Knowing God has meant I have fulfilled my dreams and now have a wonderful husband and child.
- Keeps family involved with church
- Friends made.
- More of a sense of purpose
- Enjoyable experience.
- My Son asks to come, he asks when the next Messy Church is. He looks forward to coming, and asks questions afterwards.
- Helps to keep us on the right road
- Opportunity to meet people in the area and to get involved in the community.
What difference would it make to you? Why not give it a try?