In light of the latest guidance from the government and the Church of England, our usual pattern of Sunday services and other midweek gatherings must be put on hold with immediate effect. This affects all areas of our church life.
Instead we are exploring how to be a different kind of church, and how to both keep in contact and provide practical help.
As we explore what the ‘new normal’ means we are opening a few activities slowly and carefully. At this time :-
- We continue to meet on-line every weekday and Sunday morning at 10am. Click here for details.
- We have also started to hold a simple service in our church building on Sundays at 10am. We are experimenting with style and contents as we discover who is willing and able to join us. Due to corona-virus there are many restrictions, but you are most welcome to attend. Click here for the original announcement.
- Café Siena is open Thursdays and Fridays, 10:30am to 1:30pm with a limited menu. Click here for details.
- At other times, we are happy to open the church upon request, for private prayer . Click here for details.
We encourage you to :-
- Join our live-streamed video services via our Facebook page . We have a Sunday morning service video as well as a weekday live streamed ‘At Home’ Morning Prayer service. All start at 10am. Please download a Morning Prayer service booklet from here.
- Keep in contact via email, social media or telephone with each other. If you are not already in one of our ‘Virtual Groups’ and wish to be included, please email us.
Please refer to this page for Practical Help if you are ill or isolated.
Please refer to this page for Spiritual Help during this time.
While the announcement of the closure of our various activities has been made at different times, all our other meetings must now be considered closed until further notice. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes , but is not limited to, the following :-
- Mid-Week Services in church
- Tuesday Get Together
- Friday Friends
- York House communion
- Calcot Cuppa
- Mothers Union
- Youth Group
- Tots Praise
- Cornwell 0-5s Play Group
At this time it is not known which activities will re-start at what time. Please check back on this web site or our Facebook page for further details.
Other Hall Users
At this time, St Catherine’s Pre-School are the only users of the church hall. They are providing a reduced service in a restricted area of the building.
As lock-down slowly eases, we are exploring when and how other church center users may resume their activities. We will contact the people booking the hall to discuss the additional requirements that government guidance puts upon us and the practicality of whether their groups may restart.
At this time we do not know when any church center users will restart their groups. Please check back on this web site or our Facebook page for further details.
Last updated 13th August 10:30 am.
Originally published 16th March 9:00 am.