This page is regularly updated. Please return regularly to read the latest situation.
The Coronavirus Pandemic continues to change all our lives. As our level of restriction is continually under review, so our pattern of Sunday services and other midweek gatherings are affected again.
- We meet together at 10am on Sunday at St Catherine’s. For those of you unable to attend, the service is now livestreamed via Facebook. Click here for the latest details of our services.
- We hold a traditional Holy Communion, in church, every Wednesday at 9am. Click here for details.
- Every Monday we release an episode of Dwelling in the Creed hosted by Rev Gill and rev Phil. This replaced our weekday livestreamed Morning Prayer. Click here for details.
- Café Siena is open Thursdays and Fridays 10am-2pm. Click here for the latest of what’s happening in the Café.
During these difficult times, we continue to explore how to be a different kind of church, and how to both keep in contact and provide practical help.
We encourage you to :-
- Join our live-streamed video services via our Facebook page . We have a Sunday morning service video as well as a weekday live streamed ‘At Home’ Morning Prayer service. All start at 10am. Please download a Morning Prayer service booklet from here.
- Keep in contact via email, social media or telephone with each other. If you are not already in one of our ‘Virtual Groups’ and wish to be included, please email us.
Please refer to this page for Practical Help if you are ill or isolated.
Please refer to this page for Spiritual Help during this time.
At this time, most of our Church Activities are closed and will remain so while we are at Tier 2 or higher.
This includes, but is not limited to the following
- Mid-Week Services held in the Garden Room
- Tuesday get Together
- Friday Friends
- York House communion
- Calcot Cuppa
- Mothers Union
- Tots Praise
- Cornwell 0-5s Play Group
At this time it is not known which activities will re-start at what time. Please check back on this web site or our Facebook page for further details.
Other Hall & Church Users
Some groups, such as St Catherine’s Pre-school, have a specification exemption from lockdown. They may continue to meet, in a strict Covid-secure environment.
We have contacted the people booking the Hall or Church to discuss the additional requirements that the latest government guidance puts upon them and the practicality of whether their groups may continue to meet.
At this time we do not know when any particular church centre users will restart their groups. Please check with them for further details.
To reduce the chance of cross contamination, the centre is being operated in two halves – Church and Hall. Please use the north, car park entrance for the Church, and the south, road side entrance for the Hall.
Last updated 3rd June 2021 19:00 pm.
Originally published 16th March 2020 9:00 am.