This page is regularly updated. Please regularly return to read the latest situation.
The Coronavirus Pandemic has changed all our lives. Our previous pattern of Sunday services and other midweek gatherings is greatly affected.
We are exploring how to be a different kind of church, and how to both keep in contact and provide practical help.
As we explore what the ‘new normal’ means we are opening a few activities slowly and carefully. At this time :-
- We hold a simple service in our church building on Sundays at 10am. We are experimenting with style and contents as we discover who is willing and able to join us. Due to corona-virus there are many restrictions, but you are most welcome to attend. Click here for the latest announcements.
We encourage you to :-
- Join our live-streamed video services via our Facebook page . We have a Sunday morning service video as well as a weekday live streamed ‘At Home’ Morning Prayer service. All start at 10am. Please download a Morning Prayer service booklet from here.
- Keep in contact via email, social media or telephone with each other. If you are not already in one of our ‘Virtual Groups’ and wish to be included, please email us.
Please refer to this page for Practical Help if you are ill or isolated.
Please refer to this page for Spiritual Help during this time.
Some Church Activities are now resuming in a strict Covid-secure environment.
The following activities have already, or are about to resume.
- Sunday Morning Services (now 10am – see above)
- Café Siena (limited times & menu – see above)
The following groups are not holding physical meetings.
- Tuesday get Together
- Mid-Week Services in church
- Friday Friends
- York House communion
- Calcot Cuppa
- Mothers Union
- Youth Group
- Tots Praise
- Cornwell 0-5s Play Group
At this time it is not known which activities will re-start at what time. Please check back on this web site or our Facebook page for further details.
Other Hall & Church Users
Some groups, such as St Catherine’s Pre-school, have a specification exemption from the limit of six people gathering together. They may continue to meet, in a strict Covid-secure environment.
We have contacted the people booking the Hall or Church to discuss the additional requirements that the latest government guidance puts upon them and the practicality of whether their groups may restart.
At this time we do not know when any particular church centre users will restart their groups. Please check with them for further details.
To reduce the chance of cross contamination, the centre is being operated in two halves – Church and Hall. Please use the north, car park entrance for the Church, and the south, road side entrance for the Hall.
Last updated 10th September 12:00 am.
Originally published 16th March 9:00 am.